- Your nails are so porous they absorb water and other substances 10 times faster than our skin;
- Underneath the hard nail is the so-called nail tissue, which resembles a sponge.
- Our nail tissue absorbs water very easily and quickly, and it becomes swelled up. Then once water evaporates again, it shrinks back down to normal size.
- Constant swelling and shrinking of your nail tissue (which we can hardly avoid when washing our hands several times a day!) causes dry, brittle nails.
If these concepts are clear, then it makes sense that T.I.P.S. Nail Conditioner, which is super rich in lipids, must be applied BEFORE exposing your hands to any water whatsoever. T.I.P.S stands for The Incredible Protection System and that explains what it is designed to do:
- replenish the lipids that are the "cement" holding your cells together and providing the nails with flexible strength;
- protect your nail tissue and cuticles from a number of elements, for example: water (#1 cause of dry, brittle nails) as well as stripping substances/chemicals in cleaning detergents such as harsh surfactants;
- fortify and hydrate your nails and cuticles.