Sunday, June 3, 2012

Definitely a Cut Above the Rest

I couldn't wait to share this combination with you.  Essie's Luxeffects have been on the market for some time now, but I haven't seen too many swatches of them by bloggers.  Personally, I love to jazz up a so-so shade with a bit of glitter.

Today I will show you what I did with Essie's "Buy Me a Cameo" and "A Cut Above". 

First off I started with 2 coats of Buy Me a Cameo, which looked like a very luxurious bronze shade in the bottle.  Once it was on my nails it didn't disappoint me at all.  However, if you are expecting a more dramatic tone from this polish then you might be let down.  I am sorry that the photos look a bit streaky.   Have a look.....
The shade looks somewhat dull in these two shots, doesn't it?  The shiny area around my cuticles is the application of TIPS Nail Conditioner that I always do after my manicure. 

In this shot you can see the ASK Nailwear Base Coat that offers a good foundation for a long-lasting mani and doesn't dry completely, but rather is somewhat sticky to the touch in order to offer better adherence for the nail polish colour.  In the middle Essie's Buy Me a Cameo, which looks darker than in this pic.  Lastly, there is ASK Nailwear Top Coat that finishes off the mani or pedi and ensures longer wear and gives a nice sheen to the shade of choice.  BTW - all ASK Cosmetics Nailwear products are Big-3 Free, camphor free and vegan friendly.


So, let's add some bling to Essie's Buy Me a Cameo .........

I was so thrilled with the "effect" this glitter added to the polish. 
What do you think?  Would you wear Buy Me a Cameo on its own OR would you pair it with A Cut Above?

Have a great day!  Thanks for taking the time to read and look at my blog, Lisa M.









No comments:

Post a Comment